Here are a few characteristics of the ideal banking account manager for a business, based on feedback from the businesses I work with:
- Returns your calls promptly
- Answers your questions with clarity and authority
- Always has time to consult with you about your needs and performance
- Suggests techniques for innovative loan structuring
- Is effective in making your case with the bank’s credit department
- Follows up quickly on items to be completed
- Visits your business regularly
- Never cancels appointments with you
- Always gives advance notice when away on vacation, on leave, etc., and who will be covering
- Has the support of senior bank management
- Under-promises and over-delivers
- Understands your business without your coaching
- Refuses promotions and postings to other branches or institutions, or else takes you along with them.
How does your account manager compare to the ideal?
If they are almost perfect, tell us about them in the comment section below.
If they fall short, contact me directly to help you make a change.
Need capital or debt? Want to go public?
See: Available: Funds
Join the LinkedIn Canadian Commercial Lenders Group
or the Canadian Accountants Group!